Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ballet Basics : Plie, I'm frustrated?

I've been practicing ballet for more than 10 years but I've been struggling with the plie forever. The thing is I can't bend my knees very much, I feel like an elephant! If I do it in sixth position the bones on my knees come together, no matter what i do. Is there anything I can do to improve my knee-bending-skills???



I'm not even en pointe bc of that... =(



Ballet Basics : Plie, I'm frustrated?comedy club



Do exercises that strengthen your turn-out. Ask your ballet and pilates instructors for some. It is so very important that your knee stays over your toes and not bending inward or outward. Concentrate on that when you plie. And turn your feet out from the hips, definitely not from the knee.



Ballet Basics : Plie, I'm frustrated?sheet music opera theater



you're possibly rolling. when you go down, keep all your basics in mind, and then stay conscious of your big toe, pinky toe, and heal all remaining on the floor. if it is rolling, it most likely is subconscious and mistakenly. i have a few friends who roll mistakenly. think like a carousel horse, up down up down, not left right left right. just keep all your basics in mind and keep practicing. I'm sure you'll get it some day. don't get frustrated with yourself, that might be another reason, you might be getting tense and are having a hard time relaxing. plie is the most important thing in ballet, that and balance. talk to your teacher as well, they will, most likely have a source and a solution to your struggle.you may not have the deepest plie but it will be clean and well performed. i wish you luck and have fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd