Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ballet body?

I have ben dancing for 9 years I am 13 years old. I am on pointe, I way 128Ilb (58.5 kg) and am 5.9 ( 173cm) and my BMI is 18.7



so based on thouse facts I want to know what my chances are in a ballet company some day.



Thanks for anwserws



Ballet body?state theatre



well based on those facts....the 9 years yes and the 5.9 yes most likely, but my dance teacher used to be in a dance company, and she weighed 100 lbs. if you were to get in, they would probably make you loose weight. but you know what, even if they do, don't because thats whats making a lot of girls to kill them selves. and at 13, your too young to be in a company.



Ballet body?theater opera theater



You are on the large end of the scale for ballerinas, but I am sure that you already know that. Your height and weight are fine!! What matters is how big your dance talent is....and I believe that you know that too. Keep working hard and Good Luck.



PS I'd love to see you do that "Arabian" solo in the Nutcracker.
im 1 yearish away from company, i hav been dancingn 11 years. we hav the same build and everything so ya i think u hav a good shot. good luck.
Yes you have a great chance. I have been dancing for 8 years. I am going on pointe next year.
Your very tall for your age and you have muscles from dancing for 9 years! I think that 128 pounds is a good weight for a dancer but it is on the heavy side. I'm sure thats from your muscles so please don't diet or starve yourself! As long as your thighs and butt don't jiggle too much when you dance, your ok!!:) Good Luck on getting into the ballet company!
I think you are a perfectly fine weight. If most of that 128 lbs is muscle you have nothing to worry about. You're a bit tall, and some company's don't except dancers over like 5.7, but I wouldn't worry. Eat right and keep working hard. Don't let people make you think you have to be rail thin or look like a boy. There is a company for you. All dancers do not have to look the same. In fact, they should not! Slender is important, skinny/boney is overboard.
i know that NYC Ballet likes Tall Thin dancers so you would be good for that.
Your body is tall and thin so its a thumbs up for me! GOOD LUCK and have fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd