Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ballet/ Dance.. How can i build my strength and be able 2 Develop茅 my leg higher ?

im 14 and in ballet i cnt rle lift my leg higher than about a few degrees higher than 90degrees its important that i get my leg higher for my exam and well i cnt find any easier way or other way of building my strength than devlope-ing . is there anything i else i cud do to help or is it just gunna ave 2 b devlop茅-ing lol



fnkzz



Ballet/ Dance.. How can i build my strength and be able 2 Develop茅 my leg higher ?opera cd



here are some exercises that mght help:



bring one leg to passe. lift the knee as though you are about to do a develope, but dont straighten the leg. bring back to passe. lift knee again, bring to passe. and keep doing that a few times on each side.



sit on the ground with your legs in a straddle. put your left hand in front of your pelvic area, and the right hand behind behind your thigh. bend the right leg a little and press down into the ground as you keep you knee in the same place (a few inches off the ground) an straighten the leg so your foot comes off the ground. releaseby bending your knee, and let your foot drop to the ground. repeat on both sides a couple of times.



at barre, bring outside leg to front atttitude. plie and grab heel and straighten your leg (stay in plie). bring to side and srtaighten supporting leg (you are still holding outside leg by the heel in second). let go of heel and try to hold leg there for a few seconds. repeat a few times on each side.



good luck!



Ballet/ Dance.. How can i build my strength and be able 2 Develop茅 my leg higher ?opera singer opera theater



stretch stretch stretch your hamstrings
Ive been having the same problem lately, as I have pretty good extension in second and to the back, but my developpe to the front is less than desirable. What i have found works the best for me is warming up with a long barre, and just do more grand battements and developpes in the weaker direction. Im sorry i couldnt give you any specific ideas, but I know its not stretching that you need to do (as I can do all my splits), its actually the strength of the muscles that you use to sustain the developpe that you have to work on. I hope that helps!
hey!



i used to do ballet when i was young, but my older sister does ballet now.



we have a huge trampoline, and what she does is jump on it for half an hour to stretch her legs.



maybe get a trampoline, and stretch your legs to get it higher and to make it much flexer.



good luck!
i have the same problem!



but here's what i do:



i stretch as many ways as i can(splits, barre, against the wall, etc.) so that if you were to fondu, with the working leg at coupe and grab it by the heel and stretch, it would be higher and higher as you keep practicing.



To build muscle, just D茅velopp茅 devant(front), 脿 la seconde (side), and Arabesque (back) and hold it there at 90 degrees or higher for at least 2 eight counts.



and of course repeat! =] (try to do it everyday)



good luck!
I know it can be frustrating,Cookie,but,spend as much time at the barre as possible!It sounds like you are only inches(Literally)from your goal,so press ahead%26amp;dance well!TL
lay on the floor and do developpe's there and hold them for 8 counts before you bring them down. do them to the front and the side.
i have the same problem



one of the best ways is?



sit in a straddle



and lift one leg as hiigh as you can w/o touching the ground and hold as long as you can



do this w/ both legs
stretch your hamstrings sooo much but also a lot of it is in your abs so get those super strong but doing cardio any other questions e-mail me (dancestardq77@columbus.rr.com)
lots of regular stretching, and doing a lot of battement en cloche will build up the strength in your thighs and hips without bulking you up

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd