Saturday, December 5, 2009

Ballet Turns?

I have trouble with anything that involves turning in ballet. I've been dancing for 11 years but just can't do it. I keep trying and trying but it hasn't come yet. I have this tendency to want to put my foot down half way through the turn because I'm scared of falling. I'm on pointe and have been for about 5 years. I feel horrible because this coming fall I'm going to be one of the top two dancers in the studio and I can't do a turn. I'm the only one who can't. Any advice?



Ballet Turns?theater



congrats on being in the top 2 dancers! that is awesome!!!When your turning...remember to but keep your core/stomach active. make sure you are straight when you are turning. Practice balancing,try being in line, and keeping your core active, then try holding your passe. Also try over lapping your arms...once you get the turn, because it will help you to turn faster and more times around. It takes practice..and practice..and then some more practice! lol...so don't get discouraged. When your turning...remember that you are turning from your legs...but your WHOLE body is turning with it...so try to connect your legs through your hips...out the top of your head. And your prep is one of the most important things...if your prep is not lined up...neither will your turn. The most important thing is to stay in line..other wise you will fall out of your turn...And also try saying to your self..I'm going to do 5 turns...ready set GO!! GOOD LUCK! :)



Ballet Turns?london theatre opera theater



whenever you do the periette make sure your spotting something and wipping your head around so your always looking at that spot. Also make sure your up on relavae. pertend you have a string holding you up so you wont come out of relavae. keep your posture and squeeze your muscles. I am 13 and am a dancer i am working on my fourtettes and tripple turns.good luck
Try not to stress out to much. It sounds like you are a great dancer. That is awesome that you are going to be one of the top 2 dancers. Just make sure you spot your head and try to balance in passe for a while. Congratulations and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd