Saturday, December 5, 2009

Ballet flats are so uncomfortable- is there anything i can do?

i just bought some very cute and very $$$ ballet flats. i dont know if its just me, but every time i try to wear flats-- the skin on my back of my heel is rubbed off. (gross i know.) %26amp;%26amp; it hurts bad!! is the anything i can do to the shoe or put on my heel??? idk--any suggestions???



Ballet flats are so uncomfortable- is there anything i can do?the grand theater



This happened to me ... twice this season with 2 different pairs. I have three suggestions for you.



First, you can put this removable, hard jelly like heal cushion in the shoe if its a little big. DSW sells them. Downside is you can trim them.



Second, to apply something directly to your foot, you can use something called moleskin by Dr. Scholl's (it comes in a thin and padded form). You can cut it to what you want and then stick it to your foot. I knew a few military guys that used while they were breaking in their boots. I stole it years ago as my little secret weapon for my "cute shoes." It works great with little strappy sandles too.



Third, another possibility is "blister blockers" from Johnson %26amp; Johnsons, espeically if your foot is still healing from the last time you wore them.



Good luck.



Ballet flats are so uncomfortable- is there anything i can do?soap opera opera theater



This has happened to me with new shoes as well. Put a band-aid at the spot on your heel where the shoes rub. It will help to prevent skin from being rubbed raw and the pain that accompanies it.
This happens to a lott!! of people when wearing flats. It means they are probably a tad too big and a sliding up and down and rubbing your heel. Put a band -aid right where it rubs or take them back and get a smaller size.
Yeah, this happens to me occasionally. I put lots of lotion on the area back where it gets scratched, so it there won't be any friction, and therefore, no scratching.
I'm sure that there are some inserts for the heel part or you can just try a bandage, and there are socks that you can wear with flats, =] i hope i helped



-Nina
A flat with a little bit of height is more comfy than just a totally flat one. If it still hurts your heels put a band aid on it.
Go to the drugstore and get some Dr. Scholl's heel pads



[ not the heel cups ]. They fit at the back of the shoe, so heel doesn't slide up and down.
This can happen sometimes, things you can do are try wearing them around the house in get them to soften up. You could also put something on the back of your heel, like a band-aid or tape on the back of your heel. I know it sounds completely weird, but it'll help.
In June I bought a pair of cute flats, and I know how it's super gross with most socks. I wore them a couple times, and now I'm in a new town with a major toe infection. Gross, I know. ):



I would reccomend bandaids. This is the only way I'll wear flats and pumps from now on. When you see something wrong with it, simply place a bandaid over it like a child would. This way, the shoe can't and won't rub directly against you to make the problem even worse.



Don't end up like me. Dumb, and taking extra strength anti-biotics.
that happened to me with my first pair. but after a while of wearing them the shoes bend into the right way for your foot and then they are very comfortable

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd