Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ballet pointe.?

how long did you dance before went on pointe for ballet?



Ballet pointe.?paramount theater



At my dance school, you have to be 12 years old before you start going up on pointe. This is because you are still in an important growing phase before 12 and pointes can stunt growth of feet and body as well.



Everyone started pointes at 12 no matter how good at ballet they were. You just have a go with pointes and gradually build up.



Ballet pointe.?theatre opera theater



I am a late starter so I started when I was 13



I just started pointe a few weeks ago and it has been about year of dancing
i started dancing when i was 2 and at 9 i started pointe but that's only because i had danced as long as i did. it all depends on where you dance. and oyu don't want to start to early because 1. you can really injure yourself unless you know what you're doing adn 2. it could impair growth
11 years, (i started ballet when i was 3)
i started dancing when i was 2 and i went on pointe when i was 6 years old but it really depends on if you are ready or not!
A year.
i went on pointe when i was 10



i danced for about 7 years before that..
6 years but I was young. I was about 11 or 10 when I started pointe but my ballet school starts early.
I had danced for 4 years and done gymnastics for 5 years prior to pointe. I was 13 when I started, as is policy for my dance academy. It really is best to wait until you are 13 or older depending on ankle strength to prevent injury and to prevent stunting growth of your feet. But if your dance teacher thinks you are ready and you feel comfortable with it, then give it a shot. I hope I helped!!!
My best friend is on pointe, and she is 11. It really doesn't matter how old you are, it really just matters how strong your ankles are and how tough your toes are. And some people can dance on pointe when they are 6 and 7. Just as long as you are experienced enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd