Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ballet question!?

i'm 14 and a swimmer, I want to take ballet lessons, am i capable? i heard the ballerinas have to be in a certain weight, i'm 5'4 and 107 pounds... is it ok? i also have big calves and thighs because of many years of swimming... do you think i'm still capable? I used to take gymnastics but only lasted for 3 months because the teacher had an accident, so i'm more flexible that a normal person but not as flexible as a real dancer. What do you think?



Ballet question!?amc theater



Weight isn't a problem, but yours is just fine. And flexibility is less of an issue than the fact that you don't know any of the terminology. It's the need for learning all the terminology and matching it with all the right moves that makes it necessary for new students to start out at the beginning. Plunge in and try it out. ;-)



Ballet question!?concerts opera theater



The one I dated was 5'10" and 120, but they come in all sizes. Best thng to do is see a professional. Trust me it does not pay much and you workout a bunch, but it you make it it has it's rewards. Depending on where yo live and the bigger the city the better you'll have try outs and ton of competition. that's what it's all about. We went to dallas and she didn't make it, but did in KC and then in Germany. Then you also can teach r you can teach without doing anything.



see a coach and I suggest if there is a troop in your town see the hed honcho and just ask them, I've found most of them are nice to folks, but stern on the dancing side. Will not hurt to find out if you have it or not.



Your size and weight are perfect and the training you have will help you in the long run. Enjoy.
Nah, it's not true that you have to be a certain weight. It doesn't really matter.



If you're starting at 14, though, don't be surprised if they placed you in a class where the students are a bit younger. This is because most people usually start ballet at a young age, around 7-9; at least from where I come from.



Anyway, I hope you take up the ballet lessons; it's great, really.
You can start ballet lessons but as the other person said , be prepared to be put in a younger class. If you want to take it up professionally , you still can as I know that one professional dancer didn't start until she was 17!
you can shurely do it. It doesn't matter how heavy you are. I am kinda overweight and I am in pointe.
Okay, everyone always gets messed up with the thinness thing. You only have to be thin if you want to be professional. If you just want to take class, no one cares how much you weigh.



Also, :P, you suck, because you must be UBER skinner. You're taller than me, and you weigh less.



You'll be fine. Trust me.
I say your perfect! My teacher tells me there is not one person who can't become flexible as a ballerina. My ballet teacher says anyone can become a ballerina, weight, height, unflexible people, it dosn't matter! I say go for it! Ballerinas need strong calves and muscles, especially if they want to go en pointe. My calves are pretty big considering I dance every day! My thighs are pretty big too, but they dont look bad. i think you will be a great dancer and will turn out to be a really good ballerina! If you put your heart and mind into it, you will really get good. Enjoy Ballet!
well it depends on if you want to dance professionally its too late you have to start at a very early age but just for fun then of course you can!
go right ahead and take ballet. see if you can find a beginner level. the studio where i go (www.pacofct.com) even has adult beginner.
Ido ballet I'm 5'3" and 100 pounds and let me tell you that doesn't matter your height,your weight it's all a very moo point if you wanna dance, dance i think you'll be good plus ballerinas usually have big calf's also because we have to have strong leg muscles. you can do it you'll be great since your legs are already strong!!! go and dance. dance like you've never danced before! also you'll be placed in a class full of beginners that are also around your age. good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd